If you're not getting all the messages and alerts that you should be getting from Base Camp Trading, there are a few things to try.
Make sure BCT is whitelisted in your mailing program and in your ISP (Internet Service Provider) settings
Whitelisting is the process of telling your mail programs and mail providers that an address is OK to let through its restrictive filters. This is sometimes done by creating contacts with the email address you want to allow, where the filters use your contact list to identify and allow addresses of those you know through the filters. Others have special commands to set up "allowed" addresses. The process for doing this varies by platform, but is often found in menus relating to junk mail, or in creating "safe senders" list. Once you determine how your ISP and programs whitelist addresses, you can whitelist two email addresses that we use to send out bulk messages. The two email addresses to whitelist and/or add to your contacts are:
Using a new or existing gmail address
If those approaches don't work, there's another approach that works in almost all cases. Since gmail doesn't filter messages as much as other ISPs, it's likely that messages sent to your gmail address will not be blocked as much. If you already have a gmail account that you use, send our support team a request to change your email address in our systems. Once configured, you'll use that gmail email address to log into the BCT website, and your BCT emails will be sent to that email address.
If you don't already have a gmail address, it's easy, and free, to create one. This approach does NOT require you to change the way you get your other emails, and once it's set up, it will be virtually the same process you already use for reading emails. This is because you can set up your new gmail account to forward the messages it receives to your original email if you don't want to completely switch to the new gmail account. This should make your BCT emails more likely to reach you this way.
Here's how to create a new free gmail email address that's only used for forwarding Base Camp Trading messages to your existing account. With gmail's automatic forwarding, emails are less likely to be blocked by your current email / ISP as they're not coming through as a mass mailing, but from your personal gmail account. This way, the gmail account becomes almost transparent, and you can continue to use your existing email system, with your BCT messages arriving there after being routed through your gmail account.
The process to set this up is outlined as follows:
- Create a new free gmail email address at https://accounts.google.com/SignUp
- Set up automatic forwarding of all messages from your Gmail account to your old account https://support.google.com/mail/answer/10957?hl=en
- Confirm everything is set up correctly by sending an email to your new gmail address and verify it gets forwarded to your current email account.
- Ask BCT to change your email address in our systems by sending an email with the old and new email addresses to email@example.com. Once we make the change, you'll log into Base Camp Trading with the new gmail address. This is virtually the only change you'll notice.
- You can read your BCT emails from within your old email system, if you set up the automatic forwarding. (BCT emails are sent to your new gmail address, which get instantly forwarded to your old email address.)
- You may occasionally want to log into the gmail account (via gmail.com) just to register some occasional use, but other than that, it's not necessary to keep checking the gmail account for messages. With forwarding, they'll just come through to your old email system. You can even set up the gmail account to delete the messages from gmail once forwarded. Note that if you do not automatically delete forwarded messages, you will eventually want to clear out some of those old forwarded emails in the rarely-visited gmail account.
Feel free to set this up on your own - it's fairly easy and quick to set up, and helpful links are provided in the instructions, above. If you want to try this and need assistance with setting this up, let us know.