You may experience either sound and/or video dropouts when viewing one of the Live Trading Rooms. If you can still see the chat area and it's updating, the first thing to do is observe whether other users are also losing sound and/or video. You will likely see others indicating a similar problem in chat in that case. If they are experiencing the problem as well, then it's probably not something local to your computer / device, but at the server or broadcast computer. You may just need to wait until they notice and correct the situation. Sometimes an audio or even a full sever reset is required. If no one else has alerted the host that there is a problem, then you may want to type something about it in chat.
Note that sometimes a host isn't speaking, which might sound like there's no sound, but they're just being quiet.
If you find that you're the only one who's experiencing an outage, you might consider trying these items one by one, checking whether the dropouts have been resolved:
- Check your sound / volume / speakers / monitor to make sure they're not turned down or off. Test it by playing sound from another website such as watching a video.
- Try using the "Reconnect Audio" option, available via the Speaker icon near the upper-right of the trading room broadcast screen. Click on the speaker icon, then click on the Reconnect Audio button in the popup that appears, as shown highlighted in red in the following image:
- log out of and back into the trading room
- Hit the refresh icon in the upper-right corner of the trading room controls. The icon is a pair of circular arrows. When you refresh, log back in, and wait 15-30 secs between refreshes to give the video a chance to appear. Continue several times if needed.
- close out your browser and try coming back into the room. Close ALL open browser windows before restarting.
- try a different browser. Note that Google Chrome is the trading room software's preferred browser, and second to that is Firefox.
- A note to VPN (Virtual Private Network) users: VPNs may be incompatible with the room. It may need to be disabled to allow the trading room protocols through. Some users use a quick test without the VPN to verify it, but the decision on whether to use a VPN or to test without it is up to each user.
- Reboot your computer and try again
If none of these work, please contact the helpdesk for additional suggestions and assistance.