You may experience either sound and/or video dropouts when viewing one of the Live Trading Rooms. If you can still see the chat area and it's updating, the first thing to do is observe whether other users are also losing sound and/or video. You will likely see others indicating a similar problem in chat in that case. If they are experiencing the problem as well, then it's probably not something local to your computer / device, but at the server or broadcast computer. You may just need to wait until they notice and correct the situation. If no one else has alerted the host that there is a problem, then you may want to type something about it in chat.
Note that sometimes a host isn't speaking, which might sound like there's no sound, but they're just being quiet.
If you find that you're the only one who's experiencing an outage, you might consider trying these items one by one, checking whether the dropouts have been resolved:
- Check your sound / volume / speakers / monitor to make sure they're not turned down or off
- log out of and back into the trading room
- close out your browser and try coming back into the room
- try a different browser. Note that Google Chrome is the trading room software's preferred browser, and second to that is Firefox.
- Reboot your computer and try again
If none of these work, please contact the helpdesk for additional suggestions and assistance.