If you'd like to change the email address you use on the Base Camp Trading website, the change will affect your account in the following ways:
- Emails from BCT will go to the new email address. They will no longer be sent to the old address. It may take a day or two for all email messages to switch over to your new email address.
- You'll use the new email address to log into the Base Camp Trading website. The password remains the same.
- If your email address is using a new ISP or domain (e.g. switching from Comcast to Gmail), be sure to whitelist our sending email addresses to ensure messages get through. They are email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When accessing the live trading room, use your new email address in the room login form. If it doesn't work, try the old email address until the update propagates through the system.
- You'll want to use the new email from now on when you send a message to us (e.g., support) so it will link up with all your purchases, previous support requests, etc.
- When requesting indicator updates (machine ids, customer numbers, etc.), remind us that you changed your email the first time(s) you request an update.
One other thing to consider is what Internet Service Provider (ISP) you will be switching to. Some ISPs filter messages more than others. Google's free gmail is one of the better solutions for choosing a new email address, as they're usually the least likely to block our messages, according to our experience with users not receiving our messages. Using an email address that's not tied to your ISP allows you to switch ISPs without changing your email.
Once you've decided which email address to change to, send a message to email@example.com indicating that you want to change your primary email address, specifying both the old email address and the new email address. We'll update the email address and notify you when the update is complete.
Remember that it may take a day or two for the update to propogate through the various systems we use (some changes require overnight updates), so please refer to the info in the list above if you need any help during the transition.