Our initial assessment of the early March 2023 update to NinjaTrader version 126.96.36.199 is that no changes or updates are required to Base Camp Trading indicators. The update apparently contains code-breaking changes for some other vendors, and we will continue to monitor the update's changes in case we need to issue any updates. Currently, none are planned.
If you have other 3rd-party vendor indicators, you may want to verify with those vendors whether their indicators are compatible with the new release. If you are concerned, you can hold off on doing any updates until others have discovered and addressed any issues. Prior versions should continue to function as before.
It's generally recommended to wait a bit - perhaps a couple of weeks after a new release - to let others who initially download it identify any issues that may necessitate a new release from NinjaTrader.
We'll continue to provide more information in this knowledgebase article as we learn more.
Some additional info that may be helpful:
- This update includes a significant rebranding of the NinjaTrader product, with a new logo, and apparently an entirely new website.
- When launching 188.8.131.52, users will now be challenged with a login prompt. If you're unaware of your username or password, click the Need Help? link offered below the Log In button to identify your username and/or reset your password.
- Release notes for 184.108.40.206 were provided on 4 March 2023, indicating what was changed in the new version. Server-side ATMs are one of the features discussed.
- As stated earlier, our initial assessment is that our indicators are not impacted, but other vendors' 3rd party indicators apparently are. If you have other vendors' 3rd-party indicators, you may want to verify with them before upgrading.
- If you update to the new version and want to revert back to a previous version, it may be possible to do so without having to reinstall indicators, etc., but we haven't confirmed that this works. This NT forum article describes what's involved: https://forum.ninjatrader.com/forum/ninjatrader-8/platform-technical-support-aa/1130721-how-to-downgrade-without-affecting-existing-indicators-and-add-ons
Article is closed for comments.